APT Pro Gear Discussion Board

Lets Talk Weightlifting!!!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Apex Shirt Sizing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kamakaze

PostSubject: Apex Shirt Sizing   Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:19 pm

I recently got a size 40 Apex single ply shirt. It is very tight. The arms are just slightly looser than my F6. Did I measure my chest wrong? I measured right on my nipple line. I measured 38". I bought a size 40 Apex shirt. I cannot get past 4 boards with 455lbs and my arms get really bruised. Even more than my size 40 Titan F6. I am about ready to try a size 42 but would a size 44 be better? What should I try a size 42 or size 44? How should this shirt feel?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveJr

PostSubject: Re: Apex Shirt Sizing   Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Yeah the shirt should fit that goo lol. It has nasty support but the biting and bruising is a side effect well worth it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamakaze

PostSubject: Re: Apex Shirt Sizing   Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Thanks Steve!! I may try a size 42 and get used to this shirt then squeeze into my 40. By the way do you have any pointers to help me touch? Should 455lbs be enough? Also should this shirt make a crackling sound when coming down? Thanks again!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SteveJr

PostSubject: Re: Apex Shirt Sizing   Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:49 pm

It will be VERY difficult to touch for quite a while. The crackling sound is just some threads popping. Probably trying to come down too far too soon. Try using some lighter weight and letting the shirt stretch for a while to three or four boards. As I said it takes a while to touch so dont be in a rush. Also dont wet the shirt as some people say, it will loosen too much and not take its shape back as a normal poly shirt(like Inzers Phenom) normally would. Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamakaze

PostSubject: Re: Apex Shirt Sizing   Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:30 am

Thanks for the help. I guess I was just a bit too anxious to try and touch. I really wanted to bench in this Apex shirt and was about to just hang the shirt in the closet and use my F6 but I'll give it some time and use the shirt more and see how it goes. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apex Shirt Sizing   

Back to top Go down

Apex Shirt Sizing
Page 1 of 1